- Community Action -
What can we do as a community to stop Diabetes?
activity that gets us moving more is healthy.
- We can walk to our neighbors.
- People can walk to community events.
- People can go to round dances and pow-wows and dance as much as they
- We can get our children active in sports.
- We can encourage them to try out for teams.
- We can try to make changes in our diets. We can try to eat healthier
can cut down on foods such as chips, chocolate bars, pop, candy and
- We can eat more fruit and vegetables.
- We can get a Healthy Lifestyle group going and get healthy activities
for our people.
- We can organize community walks or running meets.
- We can organize leagues for adults and teenagers.
- We can share information about tournaments and up-coming events in
our communities so that we can support each other to become healthier
and more active.
Quesnel Tillicum Society Native Friendship Centre
319 North Fraser Drive, Quesnel, BC, Canada V2J 1Y9
Phone: (250) 992-8347
Fax: (250) 992-5708
About Us | Diabetes
| Healthy Eating | Physical
Emotional Health | Kids Stuff |
Health Factsheets | Community
Home | About
Us | Programs | Diabetes
Program | Links
Website by Spark Design